Ground team gear
Ground Team gear list
The following gear is required to complete task for GTM-3.
All qualified and trainee members must have all of the below.
On your person:
- Complete CAP field uniform [ABUs, BDUs, CAP blue field uniform]
- Notepad and pencil [mechanical pencils recommended]
- CAP ID card, CAP 101 card, first aid/CPR certification card
- Reflective vest
- Comb or hairbrush [if needed]
- Ground task guide book [available from Vanguard]
- Personal first aid kit - should contain the following:
- Antiseptic cleaning pads / ointment
- 6 bandaids
- Moleskin or other blister protection
- Roller bandage
- 2 large safety pins
- 4 gauze pads
- Triangular bandage
- First aid tape
- Personal medication
- Rubber surgical gloves
In your 24 hour pack:
- Survival equipment, including:
- Duct tape, 5-10 feet
- Large leaf bag
- 12 waterproof matches with waterproof match container
- 1 chemical light stick
- 50 feet of nylon or paracord
- Signal mirror
- Change of socks
- Flagging tape
- Flashlight [see notes below]
- Insect repellent
- Lip balm
- Tissue paper
- Work gloves
- 4 moist towelettes
- Cell phone [if available]
- 2 meals
- Shelter material
- Coat [based on climate]
- 2 canteens or 2 1 quart water bottles
- Pocket knife, blade no longer than 5 inches, retractable [Multipurpose knife, Swiss Army Knife or Gerber tool is acceptable]
At least 2 flashlights should be carried. Flashlights should be lightweight, but bright.
If using an older style flashlight with replaceable bulbs, carry spare bulbs.
Spare batteries for each flashlight should be carried.
At least 1 flashlight should have either red or blue lens or light.
Member that move on to GTM-2 and GTM-1 will require an additional 72 hour pack.